“We often meet our clients/guests at their worst: poor, hungry, often sick and tired, afraid and feeling all alone.” (DC – Program Director)
As these people come to us, the all too familiar story of just not knowing what to do and feeling trapped by their circumstances rears up and becomes for most an insurmountable obstacle that by themselves they can’t seem to conquer, and they’re right.
Through Christ’s leading touch and by partnering with the Madera Rescue Mission we are able to supply a warm meal, a cleansing shower and a safe haven for those in need to catch up on their sleep. The key lies in the way we provide these simple amenities. A smile and an inviting tone go a long way when it comes to those first few steps out of bondage and into the loving arms of Christ.
Matthew 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them; I say unto you, Inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, you have done it unto me.
“I really believe the Madera Rescue Mission saved my life on a number of levels.” (JT- Graduate/Staff)
In the past 12 months we have partnered to provide:
- 51,000 Meals served for Men, Women & Children in total.*
- 23,496 Overnight beds utilized.*
- In excess of 5,800 food boxes distributed in conjunction with the Madera County Food Bank.
- Thousands of clothing and toiletry requests made and delivered.
Thanks to our generous donor partners we have and will continue to provide all these services mentioned at zero cost to our guests/clients.
* Please know that as needs continue to grow we anticipate a 15% increase in meals and a 10% increase in shelter.